Safe Schools Conference Training Series
Register now for an upcoming training in your area. The Safe Schools Conference is proud to partner with school safety providers from across the country to offer a series of Safe School Trainings throughout the school year.
San Diego, CA- (San Diego COE) - September 19 - 20, 2017
Modesto, CA - (Stanislaus COE) - October 17-18, 2017
The PLUS Program training focuses on how to build a researched based peer-to-peer program that focuses on universal interventions on a campus. Participants will learn how to:
- Target core campus issues impacting School Climate, using data to track and monitor progress.
- Trend local behavior with unlimited access to the Direction Survey and Resource Database.
- Develop a peer-to-peer program to increase student engagement and peer connections.
- Align Program Development with district accountability plans Learn how to use a set of activities and data gathering tools to find Qualitative and Quantitative data to drive decision making process
- John Vandenburgh, Founder PLUS Program
Crisis Intervention & Behavioral Health Training
Paso Robles PD | June 29, 2017
Seal Beach PD | July 25, 2017
Law enforcement officers are frequently called upon to manage incidents involving people with mental illness. This interactive training will cover mental illness, stigma, substance use disorders, developmental disabilities and more. The class will also feature a guest speaker, someone living with a mental illness who will share his experiences of living with a mental illness.
- Dr. Elijah Levy, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist Commander
- Josef Levy, Long Beach PD (ret)
San Diego, CA - Fall 2017
Direction Survey has revolutionized how schools are able to measure school climate and student engagement. Direction Survey has been developed to simplify the LCAP process, strengthen PBIS plans, and lessen the workload for school administrators responsible for gathering data.
Upon Completion of the Training:
- Gain access to Direction Survey
- Identify significant disproportionate data using online reports
- Tailor survey development to meet the local needs of the school community you serve
- Use planning tools to accurately address Local Control Accountability Planning needs based on data analytics
- Cross analyze comparison data to local, regional, state, and national norms
- Immediate comparison analysis of student subgroups and their school experiences
- John Vandenburgh, Founder Direction Survey
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) for Law Enforcement
Seal Beach PD | August 23, 2017
What is EQ? EQ is a set of skills that can be improved. Those who are able to increase their EQ have a distinct advantage, both professionally and personally, in a number of important areas, including self-awareness, emotional management, decision-making, and relationship skills.
Why EQ for Law Enforcement? Because law enforcement personnel are exposed to countless stressful situations and this requires effective strategies on how to respond.
All students will take a personal assessment and receive a complimentary book on EQ with strategies on how to improve their skills.
- Dr. Paul DeYoung, Industrial-Organization Psychologist
- Cmdr. Josef Levy (ret) Long Beach Police Department
Building Resiliency in Law Enforcement during Challenging Times
Seal Beach PD | August 16, 2017
First Responders are routinely exposed to traumatic incidents and daily stressors that require a strong and stoic toughness of attitude and temperament. The goal of this training is to create awareness regarding the signs and symptoms of burnout and recognize the signs to prevent police suicide and P.T.S.D. The class will also explore ways to build resiliency and learn how to overcome the traumas of the job, in order to create balance at work and home. Spouses and significant others are encouraged to register and attend.
- Heather Williams, Regional Peer Support Coordinator, Orange County Sheriff’s Department
- Michael Beckman, Deputy Chief, Long Beach Police Department
Anguished by his son Stephen's suicide, Deputy Chief Beckman relates a powerful story of Stephen's life, death, and the profound personal and professional revelations that resulted from his passing. Audiences have been informed and inspired by his powerful testimony.