Dear Safe Schools Conference Participants,
We are looking forward with hope and confidence. After a trying year that has affected our personal and professional lives in unprecedented ways, we have an announcement for you.
It is our pleasure to tell you The 12th Annual Safe Schools Conference will be held in person on July 14, 15, and 16th. We have waited until now to make this decision because our top priority is to maintain the safety of all our participants, all of you.
With the distribution of the vaccine increasing weekly and the date of our conference scheduled for six months from now, we anticipate a safe return to our original and preferred, conference format: in-person participation.
Keeping your well-being in mind, there will be additional protocols put into place, along with some general information below:
- Participation registration will be more limited to ensure social distancing & safety,
- We will strictly adhere to the recommendations of the Governor's Office relative to safety measures at that time, such as the continued wearing of masks, etc.,
- The conference will be held at the Delta by Marriott where we have been for the past six years,
- The hotel has guaranteed deep cleaning procedures,
- The cost will be the same as the last four years: $399 for the three-day conference,
- Because of the current conditions, our workshops will have a heavy emphasis on student and employee mental and psychological well-being; suggested best practices to reopen; where do we go from here; legal implications; and other on-trend subject areas,
- Outstanding and highly respected speakers are being secured right now.
Come back soon and see the updated agenda of Speakers, Workshops, and Sponsors. We Can't wait to see everyone in person this Summer!
Hosted in Partnership
Orange County Department of Education
Orange County Sheriff Department
The Safe Schools Conference values the ongoing relationships we share with our sponsors, partnering agencies and the tremendous speakers we get to work with. Each year we are blown away by the support that is given to assure the Safe Schools Conference continues to be the premier school safety conference in the country. We thank you for your commitment and look forward to working with you at the 2020 Conference!